Sam Shadwell and Chris Brown, two computer science students “make Python great again”, and in the process, troll Donald Trump beautifully. They invented a new programming language called TrumpScript when they participated in HackRice last week.
Some of TrumpScript’s features include
- No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
- All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
- There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
- Instead of True and False, we have fact and lie.
- Only the most popular English words, Trump’s favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
- Error messages are mostly quotes directly taken from Trump himself.
- All programs must end with “America is great.”
- Our language will automatically correct Forbes’ $4.5B to $10B.
- In its raw form, TrumpScript is not compatible with Windows, because Trump isn’t the type of guy to believe in PC.
- The language is completely case insensitive.
If you want to try TrumpScript, follow the instructions on the project’s Github page to set up. And once you’ve installed, try this TrumpScript program I’ve written for you!
say "roses are red" say "violets are blue" if , lie ; : say "if I can beat Hillary" say "so can you" ! else : say "read the verge dot com" say "it's good for you!" ! America is great.