By using easy-to-understand views, a touch-based interface, and animated transitions between views, SandDance helps you find insights about your data, which in turn help you tell stories supported by data, build cases based on evidence, test hypotheses, dig deeper into surface explanations, support decisions for purchases, or relate data into a wider, real world context.
All transitions are animated to help users maintain context as they explore or present the data.
StackView lets users see their data organized into 3D bins.
Five Key features:
- Runs in your browser
- Handles multi-dimensional datasets of hundreds of thousands of rows and 30 columns
- Uses unit visualizations, which maintain a one-to-one mapping between rows in your database and marks on the screen
- Shows a large number of related views by changing how marks are organized, along with their color, size, and shape
- Creates smooth transitions between views to help maintain context as you interact with your data
Three cheers to SandDance!
- Try the project as either a web app or a Power BI visual.
- Read and share the story.
- Congratulate Steven Drucker and Roland Fernandez, the creators of SandDance at Microsoft.